Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween carnival


Last night, our ward had a Halloween carnival. People brought in chili, made homemade root beer, and had all sorts of activities, such as a cupcake walk, a fishing game, pin the nose on the pumpkin, and so forth. Originally, I wasn't planning on Annabelle or me dressing up. I didn't buy or make a costume for either of us. I figure there's plenty of time in the future to dress up Annabelle and future kids. But then, as I was looking in Annabelle's closet for something for her to wear for the day, I saw a ballerina outfit that mom found for Annabelle this summer. Perfect, I had a costume for Annabelle. Then, I thought of something else. One of my freshman roommates from college would sometimes put a water bottle on top of her head and tie her hair around it so her hair would be sticking straight up. I decided I would do that to my hair. I didn't have a costume, but that didn't mean I couldn't do something crazy for this carnival.

I put Annabelle's tutu on and then managed to put her hair in two little buns. It was way cute. Then, I did my hair and we went out to the car to make our way to the church. Well, the problem was my hair was so tall that I couldn't sit in the car. I couldn't even tilt my head enough to feel like I could drive safely. Thankfully, it's a very easy thing to do. I undid my hair and redid it once I got to my destination.


When we walked in the gym, Annabelle was delighted to find that every single table had tons of candy corns on each one. She had a blast going around to every table and taking a few pieces of candy. We also went fishing, threw some bean bags in a huge cardboard pumpkin with holes cut out for his eyes, nose, and mouth, got a cupcake from the cupcake walk,and played pin the nose on the pumpkin. It was so much fun. In between all that, I stood in line for about 30 minutes to get some chili for the family, while Michael chased Annabelle around.

It came as quite a surprise when my name was read as a winner for craziest hair. At that time, I had taken my hair out due to the headache it was causing. But to please the crowd, I redid it and everyone loved it.



1 comment:

rachel said...

Annabelle looks adorable. And I love the hair Linds! Oh, and we love the movie Ratatouille too! It was good to talk to you the other day. We love you!