Sunday, October 26, 2008

Carving a pumpkin


Saturday was a busy day for us. In the morning, Michael and Annabelle went to the store to pick up a carving pumpkin while I had some church business to take care of. They returned with a huge 18 1/2 pound pumpkin. I was hoping that they would get two or three, one to represent each member of the family, but all the pumpkins at the store were that big or bigger, so we just have the one.
We had a good time scooping out the insides. Annabelle was too nervous to put her hand in the pumpkin at first, but then she decided it wasn't too bad. She also decided she had to try some of the pumpkin innards. She really liked it too. She kept eating it until I realized that she would eat the whole piece unless I stopped her. It was very fun and good family time.






Then, Annabelle took her nap while Michael and I enjoyed watching a BYU victory over New Mexico. Later that evening, after we all played outside in the gorgeous, unusual October weather, Michael and I went to Idaho Falls and took out some friends to dinner, while a friend watched Annabelle. They had a great time playing outside, playing Candyland, watching Celtic Woman and Ratatouille, and eating pizza.

Here are some pictures of her cute outfit that she wore to church today. The skirt is something I wore when I was Annabelle's age.

No comments: