Monday, October 6, 2008

Holidays

I love this time of year, although it's never been quite this chilly in the past places I've lived. The leaves on the trees are changing into beautiful yellows, reds, and oranges. Already Fall or Halloween decorations are filling yards (or in my case, only front doors). I particularly love this time of year for several reasons. General Conference is a great and uplifting thing to listen to. And, of course, I will really enjoy making a really cute Halloween costume for Annabelle. We haven't had trick-or-treaters come to our home since before I was married, come to think of it, not since I lived at home. I think there are enough kids in these town homes that we will have plenty of little kids come knocking on our door for candy. Plus, we are able to visit family during Thanksgiving and Christmas, although this year will probably be our last year of traveling for the holidays.

I am getting in the mood to make some easy and cheap holiday decorations, of course with the help of Annabelle. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. This is a special time of year and I hope you all are able to enjoy the rest of 2008 because it is quickly coming to an end.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Have you seen those skeletons my mom has made out of paper plates? Ask Michael about them- he'll remember- anyway they are cheap and pretty cute to hang in your home.