Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New arrivals

Michael has a cousin that lives in Rexburg with her husband. She and Michael aren't in the same age group, so they really didn't have a lot to do with each other when they were younger. She does, however, happen to be my age and we have become good friends. She has been over several times to babysit Annabelle or just to hang out with us during the day. She is pregnant, due in only a matter of weeks. My sister is due the same time, and my sister in law is due in December. I have been thinking a lot about these close friends or siblings of mine that are so far along in their pregnancies. It will be the first child for each of them and I have no doubt that they will be great mothers.

I enjoy planning and hosting parties or get-togethers and decided (after getting permission from the mother-to-be) to throw a shower for my friend here. Yesterday she came over, and while Annabelle took a nap, we made her shower invitations. I should have taken a picture of them, but I didn't. They turned out very cute and I was happy with our work. The shower will take place next week, and we're hoping that my friend doesn't go into labor early.

I would love to throw a shower for my sister and sister-in-law, but they live in the East coast. So, I'm glad I have someone whom I can help celebrate this special occasion. I want my good friend here in Rexburg, my sister, and sister-in-law to know that I am so happy for them and I wish them luck with the rest of pregnancy, delivery, and parenthood. I can't wait to meet the new arrivals, whenever they choose to get here.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Thanks Lindsey! I wish we lived closer to each other too. I love you. -Jana.