Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hard-working husband

Sometimes, Michael comes home from work so tired and exhausted, I wonder what he's been doing all day, running marathons? Yesterday was one of those days for him, I think. He got home later than usual, at about 7:15. Annabelle and I had already eaten dinner and were playing when he arrived. He then announced that he was tired and had not eaten a thing all day. Usually, I make Michael a lunch everyday or sometimes eats out with members of the law firm. Yesterday, the phone was ringing off the hook and Michael was so busy that he didn't have time to stop and eat lunch. He almost finished a 13x9 inch pan of chicken casserole. I think he would have had he not been so tired. He ate dinner, watched the rest of the Phillies game (the Phillies are his favorite team and THEY ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!), then turned off the tv, and almost promptly fell asleep on the couch. I managed to read the scriptures and have a prayer while he was somewhat conscious, although his "amen" was several seconds after the prayer was finished, and then he was gone til morning. I couldn't believe it. Michael Brown had gone to bed earlier than me. This phenomenon hasn't happened in years.

Michael is very good at his job and wants to keep every one of his clients satisfied, but that puts a lot of stress on him. I'm so grateful that he is willing to work hard to support his family. He knows that I'm not a fan of his staying late at work, but sometimes that is inevitable. This morning, he got up early in order to get to work before the office opened and the phones started ringing. Hopefully, this will allow him to get more done and keep his day low-key and stress free.

No comments: