Wednesday, October 1, 2008

2nd Honeymoon

Our trip to Boise was FABULOUS! Michael needed to go to Boise for his swearing-in ceremony yesterday and we decided to turn it into a 3 1/2 year honeymoon. Some friends offered to have Annabelle stay at their house while we were gone and we took them up on it. I was a little nervous to leave Annabelle for so long. I hate to admit it, but after we sneaked out of the house in order not to let Annabelle see us leave and get upset, we got in the car and I started crying. It didn't last long, but it was the first time I've ever left her for so long. I was also nervous that she wasn't completely over her cold and would be very difficult to manage. But when I called Jamie, the sitter, she said that Annabelle hadn't cried once and had taken a long 2-hour nap. I was also nervous that her son Jack would not like having to share his toys and parents all the time, but I hear that it wasn't too bad.

Anyway, after we dropped Annabelle off, Michael and I made our way to Boise, ID. We got there with a few minutes to spare, so we drove around downtown. It's a very fun-looking town. The ceremony was great. I was so proud of Michael. He is such a stud. After the ceremony, we checked into our hotel (check out the link), compliments of the law firm. It was an awesome room, complete with a king bed and.... a 42 inch flat panel television. Michael was in heaven.

After settling in, Michael surprised me with a trip to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We don't go out to eat very often and especially not in a pretty nice place like this. We have gone to this particular place once before and I loved it. I was so surprised and pleased by his thoughtfulness. When we were done stuffing ourself, we went back to the hotel and went swimming for an hour to burn off some of the calories from dinner. Then after catching a quick shower, we went to the movie, The Dark Knight. We both enjoyed it very much.

By this time, I had heard from Jamie that Annabelle was absolutely fine and hadn't cried once since we left. I was very relieved and felt like I could really enjoy this trip. Michael and I were both very tired by the time we got home and the huge bed was so comfortable that we both fell asleep very quickly and deeply.

Today, Michael attended a CLE (Continuing Legal Education) meeting and I was left on my own. After attending the Boise temple, I took a nap, checked out, and spent an hour at the mall located next to the hotel before picking Michael up.

We made it back to Idaho Falls to pick up Annabelle at about 8:30 PM and she was happy to see us, but couldn't be distracted for too long from these new toys she'd been playing with for the last 2 days. From the time we got in the car to make the final stretch to Rexburg to the time I put Annabelle to bed, she was so hyper and excited to see us. I'm sure she would have stayed up another 2 hours to play with Michael and me if I'd let her. But now she is asleep and all is quiet.

I was a little reluctant to go on this trip and leave Annabelle, but ultimately I decided (with some help from Michael) that I should go and I'm so glad I did. Although I missed her, it was really good for just Michael and me to get away. I encourage all couples to somehow, if you can, take some time away from your kids and strengthen your relationship with each other.

These pictures aren't that great. The lighting was bad and I didn't get close enough to really be able to see Michael.





Here is Michael (I know, it's hard to see) accepting his certificate of admission to the Idaho bar.


The relieved attorney


and his proud wife.

1 comment:

Cyppy said...

We're very proud of M! Wish we could have been there, but we're glad you got to have some time alone together!