Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sorry, two posts in one day, but this one is really good!

When looking at this picture, I’m sure you’re thinking that there’s got to be a good story to go with it, right? Well, there is.

Annabelle has not had a blowout in many, many months. For those of you who don’t know what a blowout is, it’s a messy diaper that leaks out of the diaper and onto the baby's back, legs, clothes, you name it. Since this has not happened in a while, I have stopped packing an extra pair of clothes for Annabelle whenever we go out.

Now let me set the stage for today’s drama. While in Boise, ID a few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to spend some time at the mall while Michael was attending a CLE. I was in Mervyn’s looking to take advantage of their store-wide sale due to the store's closing. I found the cutest little girl's dress that I eventually bought. I was so excited for Annabelle to wear it to church along with her new, shiny Mary Jane shoes. Since last week was General Conference, today was the day for her to be adored in her new outfit. It’s a short sleeve dress, so I brought a sweater along just in case it was cold at church.

As usual, I dropped her off at nursery, and went off to my class. Right at the end of the class, someone brought Annabelle in to me saying that she had a mess all up her back. I quickly peeked under her dress and almost let out a yelp. 'This is going to be a bad one', I thought to myself. I walked with her to the mother's room, hoping that no one else was in there. Thankfully, we had the room to ourselves. Upon a second, more detailed inspection, I saw that Annabelle's pretty, new dress was covered in you know what as were her tights. Very carefully so as to keep the rest of her body free from the mess, I removed her shoes, stockings, and the dress. I won't go into the process of getting her cleaned up; needless to say, it took a long time and was very difficult. Once she had a clean diaper on, I realized that I couldn't put any of the clothes back on her, but I didn't bring anything else for her to wear. We had one hour left of church and I was supposed to help out in my next class so I couldn't take Annabelle home for a change of clothes. Then, I remembered that I had brought a sweater for her in case it was cold. I put that on her along with her shiny black shoes and decided that would have to do. As I walked down the hall to Annabelle's class, I got many different looks from those I passed, looks of embarrassment, understanding, humor, etc. I thought the whole situation was hilarious and that Annabelle looked adorable with her healthy, fat thighs. Once in her class, I tied her blanket around her waist to act as a skirt and then I left. I don't know how long the blanket stayed in place, but when I went to pick her up at the end of church, it was on the floor and Annabelle was there showing off her sexy baby legs.

What a stunning babe!





Doesn't she look like a supermodel?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is absolutely hilariousss! Oh my gosh! Will the dress wash out or is it permanently ruined for time? OH how funny! I really was laughing this whole time reading it. Haha, love you!

Anonymous said...

This is simply AMAZING...! Vogue Exquisite Children's Magazine has been searching the world for nearly one entire year to find the perfect legs, the perfect hair, the perfect pose and your child has it!!! I would like to set up a super model contract signing with my firm's pediatric lawyer and would like to meet with you and your most talented Annabelle to begin the paper work for photographing this little girl with the most natural sense of body I have ever seen. Can you please call as soon as possible? Everyone here at Vogue Exquisite Children's Magazine is eagerly awaiting the arrival of Miss Annabelle. Sincerely and most cordially yours, Shirley Temple Brown, Vogue Child Super Model Agent
P.S. Do you have access to a lawyer to take care of your legalities or will you require our legal services?