Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hand Spiders

I have been meaning to make these homemade spiders with Annabelle well before Halloween and send them to her grandparents, but for whatever reason, I haven't had a chance to make them until yesterday. I hope they get to their destination in time.

They are very simple to make. Paint your hand black minus the thumb and make a hand print on a piece of paper. Then, turn your hand around and make another print on top of the first print. Paint eyes and mouth and you're done. Here are our spiders.




Annabelle was so exited to have her hand painted that she couldn't keep her fingers still. When I put her hand on the paper, she started moving here fingers back and forth. So, the legs on her spider are a little funny looking. She then got the brilliant idea to rub her blackened hand all over her face and hair and anything else she could touch before I stopped her. I wanted to get a picture, but there was no way I was going to leave her alone for even a second while I went to get the camera. It was pretty funny to watch, but created quite a bit to cleanup.

No comments: