Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A nice surprise...

It's become routine for Michael and Annabelle to take a walk together and get the mail when he comes home from work. Usually, there is nothing of interest. Mail addressed to me consists primarily of credit card offers and clothing catalogs of stores where I don't shop. Imagine my surprise when Annabelle walked in the door carrying a letter addressed to me from one of my best friends. I eagerly opened it after dinner to find several puzzle pieces with writing on the back of them. I put the puzzle together to see a wonderful note from one of my best friends along with an awesome picture on the back. My mom used to (and still does) make similar puzzles and I always loved getting them. IT was especially nice to get one from my friend. Since we graduated from high school and went to different colleges, we have not been able to see each other very often. This little gesture reminds me how important it is to keep good relationships with friends and family. Thank you, L.M.



The message is covered up with kleenex.



On another note, Annabelle had a very traumatic day today. She got a Hepatitis shot as well as a flu shot. She and I went to the store this morning and I decided to get a little treat for her to have right after the shots to make things a little better. I'm happy that this little distraction worked because she was very upset when she was forced to lie down on the table have these shots. She has since recovered and I don't even think she remembers what happened. Here are some random pictures of her taken his weekend during General Conference (we were paying attention, I promise).

No comments: