Saturday, October 18, 2008

Crafty Saturday

This morning, I attended a Relief Society activity entitled "Home for the Holidays". It had a bunch of classes on getting ready for the holidays and several crafts to make. I participated in three different crafts. The most difficult one was a hair bow assembly class. I learned how to make hair bows and surprisingly, it is really cheap, much cheaper than buying them, which I don't really do but oh well. Here is a picture of my successful creation.

And here it is being employed.




My second craft was actual very simple. I just stuck vinyl lettering on a plate. I know, how domestic and impressive of me.


The last class I signed up for was gingerbread making and decorating class. That was interesting. The woman teaching the class and her family make incredible houses every year and she showed us some pictures. It was amazing what her kids could do. She gave us decorating tips and several different patterns to make different kinds of houses. I'm pretty excited to try out her ideas this year.

I also signed up to bring caramel rolls for lunch, but I had to have Michael put them in the oven, take them out, and bring them to me. He did a great job. The rolls were a hit and were gone within minutes of lunch being served. Thank you, Michael.

Annabelle managed to survive from 10 until 12:30 in the nursery without any major catastrophe, with the exception of her setting marker everywhere on herself.


Here's an unrelated sidenote: As of this moment, Annabelle can now open the doors in our house. She used to only be able to jiggle them but not open them. Now, she knows what to do. Thank goodness for the ability to lock doors in order to get some privacy.

1 comment:

Michael W. Brown said...

Your blog is great. Keep up the good work! You would not believe how much discipline it took for me not to eat one of those cinnamon rolls on the way over to the church...