Friday, October 24, 2008

Celtic Woman

My mom introduced Celtic Woman to Annabelle and me last summer and the Celtic Woman dvd: A New Journey has become Annabelle's favorite thing to watch. She watches it so intently that many times, I put it on for her while I shower, just so I know she isn't getting into anything she shouldn't be. We also have a cd that include some of the songs from the dvd, but also a few new ones. Yesterday, Annabelle and I were playing Candy Land and I put the cd on just for some background music. When it got to one of Annabelle's favorite songs from the dvd, called Orinoco Flow, Annabelle paused what she was doing, listened for a minute, and upon recognizing the tune said, "Sail away". Now you must understand, I like to sing the song with her whenever it comes on and the chorus goes sail away, sail away, sail away. I have never said those two words to her other than when I sing them. I have never called the song sail away. But without any prompting from me, I mean the singers hadn't even started singing yet, Annabelle knew what song it was within seconds of it beginning and said loudly and clearly, "Sail away!". Of course, she won't do it for the camera, but we demonstrated this acknowledgment for Michael when he got home from work and once again, as soon as the song started, she told us what song it was. Click here to watch the song as seen on the dvd. Man, Annabelle is so smart and understands so much.

As a side note, when I was searching for the video of Orinoco Flow for my blog, I came across another video that I found fun to watch. It's called Celtic Dueling Violins and it features the violinist from Celtic Woman, Mairead Nesbitt.

No comments: