Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fort

It's starting to get almost too chilly to go outside, so I'm trying to think of as many things Annabelle and I can do inside because once the snow comes and it's really cold, we won't be able to play outside which is her favorite thing to do. One idea that I've come up with is building a fort. So, yesterday afternoon, I tried it out. I found four large blankets and spent more than an hour trying to figure out to get the blankets to stay up before Annabelle trounced all over them and pulled them down. It was quite a difficult feat, but 72 minutes, 4 chairs, and a card table later, I finally got one finished.

I tried to get Annabelle to go under, but all she wanted to do was try to step on top of the blankets. Once I was under, she would eventually follow, but there was hardly any room with all of the chairs and table and the blankets weren't even high enough off the ground that I could sit up. Obviously, that made it pretty hard to play in there. I left it up for Michael to see after he got home from work, but Annabelle and I didn't really play in it too much. Mostly, I would sit on one side of the fort and roll a ball underneath it to the other side where Annabelle was waiting for it. I don't think she is old enough to understand what a fort is and what you're supposed to do under it, but it was still fun making it and it did take up most of the afternoon so maybe I'll keep this idea around during wintertime.
I made a video of the fort, but it's taking forever to upload, so I'll post it later.

No comments: