Thursday, January 1, 2009

Chirtsmas trip part 1

Let me start this post by wishing everyone a happy new year. I can't believe it is 2009 already. We enjoyed a wonderful 2008 and I am looking forward to this year and everything it will bring.

And now, let the Christmas trip recap begin. Let me start by saying how good of a bowler my daughter is. We went blowing as a family and I couldn't believe that Annabelle had a better score than Michael, my brother Joel,and me. Just look below at the scores of one of our games:

The fact that she had bumpers and a bowling ball guiding device were only small reasons for her success. I think she just has pure natural talent. Here are some pictures and a video of Annabelle getting a spare. (Some of you may have noticed that Michael is wearing jeans! His mother-in-law convinced him to let her buy a pair of jeans for him for his birthday and he actually wore them-twice!)


Getting to the bowling alley was a little difficult. It had been pouring rain all day and by the time we left to go bowling, there was probably 2-3 inches of water. The road to get to the bowling alley was closed due to about 2 feet of standing water, so we had to park far away and walk. We had to take two cars because of the number of people, and one of the cars parked closer than the other. Michael, Annabelle, my dad, and I were in this car. Everyone else had to walk through the puddle of water, which then required all four of them having to buy socks at the bowling alley because theirs were soaked through.

We didn't give or receive many Christmas presents due to not having room in our suitcases to bring them back. But one thing Annabelle did get from her grandma was an inflatable tube through which she can crawl. It was a huge hit.



My siblings, Michael, and I all received what's called a "slanket"- a blanket with sleeves. It's revolutionary. Here are some pictures of the slanket.

2 comments:

Cyppy said...

Wow, can I use that bowling guide next time I go bowling? Maybe I can break 100!
Glad to see that you all had a great holiday vacation. Thanks for posting the pictures, video and narrative!

Anonymous said...

Haha. I miss you guys already! I can't believe it went by so fast, but I was so happy to see you all and can't wait to see you again. ;D