Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Back home

This blog entry is coming from Rexburg. Yes, we're finally home. We had a pretty miserable flight from St. Louis to Salt Lake City yesterday morning, but the drive from the airport to Rexburg when by very fast. Michael had warned me that Rexburg was not the same as it was when I left. Before I left, there wasn't any snow. There's now 2-3 feet piled on the sides of the road. This morning, Michael spent about 20 minutes trying to back the truck up out of our parking spot. Because it hadn't been driven for a while and it's been well-below freezing, there was a pile up of ice and snow behind the wheels of the tires. We filled up a bucket with hot water several times and tried to melt the ice. Finally, he was off to work.

I have tons of pictures and videos from our wonderful trip to O'Fallon. Annabelle had a blast playing with her grandparents and my brothers and sister. So here's warning that a flood of blog entries will be posted soon illustrating all the fun we had.

The potentially big news with Annabelle is that she is probably through with pacifiers. The crazy thing is it's not because Michael and I are forcing it. I've noticed for the last few weeks that the two pacifiers she uses were getting very old and gross. I finally got some new ones for her when we were in IL. However, they are not the exact same as the old ones and she wonuldn't take them. Last night, I offered her her choice of 4 different pacifiers, none of which were the old ones, and she chose to not take any. Same thing with her nap today. She has gone to sleep 2 times now without the use of a pacifier, even though they were available, just as well as she had when she used the old ones. I thought that when the time came to rid the use of pacifiers that it would be difficult. However, it looks like it will be very easy and painless. Let's hope issues such as potty training will go just as easily.

No comments: