Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Time with great-grandparents

It's been so busy that I haven't been able to write anything for awhile. Annabelle and I are in Salt Lake right now, awaiting our flight to O'Fallon, IL tomorrow evening. We drove here with Michael on Saturday so Michael and I could attend a mission reunion in Salt Lake. His mission president and wife are from Switzerland and they came over to the states for this reunion. They had such a postive influence in Michael's life that we decided we should make an effort to go. Although I did not get to know them on the personal level that Michael did, I could tell upon meeting them that they are a very special couple and I'm grateful for the example they were to Michael during his mission.

Michael drove back to Rexburg Sunday, as he will not be flying to IL until next week. Annabelle and I have had a great time playing with her great-grandparents. They adore her and she has really taken a liking to them. Annabelle found a bunch of hats yesterday and insisted that we all wear one. We were such an awesome looking group that we had to get some pictures.





The Salt Lake zoo has a really neat light diplay up and since Annabelle loves to look at lights, we took her to see all the lights at the zoo and some animals as well. We took some of my cousins with, tool. One cousin, in particular, became Annabelle's best friend. Annabelle is much younger than Steffi (Steffi is 7, I think), but Annabelle had to hold Steffi's hand at all times. She refused to hold my hand or Ellen's hand unless she was first holding Steffi's hand. Thank goodness Steffi didn't mind.




Annabelle's favorite part of the zoo was riding on the carousel. She and Steffi rode side-by-side and Annabelle couldn't stop smiling. Of course, she threw a fit when she had to get off. Thank goodness that was the last stop on our way out of the zoo.



Annabelle was a great sport. I thought I might have to rent a stroller to push her around in, but she walked the entire time without one complaint, which is pretty amazing considering we were there for well over an hour walking around and it was freezing cold.

Thank you Grandma Ellen and Grandpa Marv for letting us come ot your house and play.

1 comment:

The Hartle's said...

LInds!!!!
How did I forget to update my link with you new blog! Its so great and your so good at updating! It looks like you guys are enjoying life... Ivins ward misses you guys! Did you hear we got a new Bish. Anyway, hope your doing great!
Trish