Friday, January 9, 2009

Count your blessings

This past weekend has been one of gratitude for all the many blessings in my life that I so easily take for granted. There was an incident that caused me to appreciate everything in life, no matter how small and trivial it is, such as making Michael a lunch of three meat and cheese sandwiches everyday.

Thursday night, Michael was involved in a very bad accident that left our beloved Ford Ranger completely totaled. Incredibly, Michael was able to walk away from it with only a few minor cuts on his legs and a small headache. Meanwhile, I was anxiously awaiting to hear from him, not knowing where he was or why he wasn't home yet. I cannot begin to explain the relief and happiness I felt when he finally called to tell me he was all right.

It shouldn't take an incident like that to make you realize how precious each day is, how wonderful it is to be with our families for eternity. The shock and terrified feelings are lessening each day, but there are some experiences you never forget that help remind you of how blessed you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Lindsey!