Monday, November 17, 2008

Counting with Annabelle

Annabelle has known the number three for a long time. Anytime Michael or I am playing with her, we would count, saying "one, two"... and wait for Annabelle to say three. She learned that she had to say three in order for the fun to continue. We were surprised to learn that without much prompting from us, she can now count to three by herself. She doesn't quite understand that when we say, "count" it means start with one. Usually, we have to say count and then say one so she knows what we're talking about. But then, she just starts at two because we've already said one. It's quite difficult to get her to count starting at one, but it has happened and here's the video to prove it. The second half of the clip shows what a struggle it is to get her to start at one.



Since we have been away from home a week, I was in the mood to bake in my own kitchen. So, the other day I made some banana bread. Now I have a great recipe, but I struggle with knowing the right time to take the bread out of the oven so it's not still doughy in the middle but it's not burnt. I am happy to say that these to loaves of bread turned out perfectly. I think they're my best ever. I took a picture, but it doesn't really capture how good they look and taste. If anyone wants to come to my house, I'd be happy to share some with you. =)

No comments: