Sunday, March 1, 2009

Busy week

It's so funny how fast a week can go by. We have been very busy over the last several days. Firstly, I decided that it's time to start potty training Annabelle. For the last few weeks, she's been showing interest in the bathroom and loves to flush the toilet and put the lid down after I've gone. But what really got me thinking that she's ready is that she wanted to sit on the toilet last week. She's never wanted to do that before. She was pretty scared once she was sitting on it because it was an adult toilet and of course the seat is way too big for her. She had to hold on to me or fall in. Tomorrow we are getting a potty seat for her. The day after she sat on the toilet, I asked her if she needed to go potty and she said yes. So, I led her into the bathroom, removed her diaper, and sat her down. What I didn't realize was that she had positioned her feet so that they went right into the toilet water. Once her feet were wet, she didn't want to sit on the toilet again until they were dry. While I was drying them, she peed on the floor. I was so happy because if it hadn't been for her feet getting wet, she would have actually gone the bathroom in the toilet. The sad thing is I think her feet going in scared her enough that hasn't wanted to sit on it since. But I think once she had a potty that is her size, she'll be fine. I also got a big bag of m&m's for a reward. She gets one if she just sits on the toilet, two if she goes no.1 and three if she goes no. 2. We'll see how it goes.

Yesterday, we spent the morning in Idaho Falls. We met Michael there after his basketball game with his fellow attorneys. Then, we went from store to store, getting groceries, picking out appliances for our house, and picking out the lighting fixtures. When we got home, we were all exhausted, but glad that we were so productive.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Thanks, Lindsey, for doing your blog. I feel like I can keep up with Annabelle's rapid progress this way. She sure is a cute little girl! Congratulations on you new house. That's exciting that you are finally able to move into a house. With the real estate market the way it is right now and mortgage rates, it looks like you were right to wait a few months.
Love, Robert