Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wall coloring

This past Thursday evening, I attended an enrichment class and left Annabelle home with Michael. I had a great time at my event and even came home bearing a delicious cinnamon roll for Michael. Once home, I heard the drama of what had gone on while I had been out. Michael, being tired from a long, hard day's work, accidentally fell asleep for about 10 minutes and Annabelle took advantage of this brief time of no supervision. She took 2 crayons up to her room and began drawing a masterpiece on her walls. Upon waking up and not hearing Annabelle or knowing where she was, Michael set off in search of her, finding her in her room that was now newly decorated. In just 10 minutes' time, Annabelle managed to completely cover 2 walls, her window sill, window, and other various places in the room.The worst part was our landlady was showing our apartment to 2 different prospective renters the next day. The next morning, I called the landlady to tell her of the fiasco and asked if she wanted to reschedule the appointments, giving us a few days to cover Anna's artwork, beautiful as it was. She said that she didn't want to reschedule and that it shouldn't be a problem. I guess we'll see if it turned people away because indeed we did have a couple of families come look at our place and as far as I know, the landlady hasn't heard back from either of them.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Oh what an exciting find! Parenthood brings a lot of patience building surprises, doesn't it? Definitely try using a Magic Eraser on it!

rachel said...

Wow wow wow. That's all I can say :)

Masha said...

Man, this looks way too familiar. Andre used to do it too. The walls of his bedroom as well as ours were well covered in various colors of crayons. Good luck - after the main incident Andre would keep on sneaking new colors and adding to the masterpiece. I am so glad we are done with that stage! Good luck!

Masha said...

Oh, and as for cleaning I would not waste my money on magic eraser, but rather get a damp washcloth and baking soda - that will do a trick and will be easier and cheap

Cyppy said...

AnnaB, were you writing the Great American Novel??! That's classic!

Megan said...

I'm so sorry but that really just makes me laugh. I know that is one thing that my husband doesn't look forward to about having kids! :-)