Sunday, March 29, 2009

Crazy Rexburg

I changed my background to an Easter theme. I can't believe Easter is only 2 weeks away. We will be completely moved into our house by then (I'm sure we'll still have boxes everywhere) and I am really excited to have an Easter egg hunt with Annabelle and make rabbit-shaped sugar cookies. The only problem is the weather. It is absolutely miserable outside and I'm afriad it might not feel like Spring in time for Easter. I would not usually post about the weather. That's a boring topic. But now, I've written two weather entries in a row. YIKES!

It is snowing like crazy and the wind is making it much worse. Winds are blowing between 30 and 40 mph and the snow is piling up. I can't even see the white fence that stands 30 yards from our back door. On our way home from church, we saw a green sign that sits on the highway for a Rexburg exit that had nearly been blown in half.

On a more interesting note, everything seems to be in order for the closing of our house on Friday. Today is our last Sunday in our current ward (although I will be returning once more to accompany the choir as they sing their Eater songs) and I had people telling me goodbye and saying how much they'll miss our family and I didn't even know who they were. Our ward's so big that I think it is impossible to get to know everyone by name. But it was a nice gesture and I'll miss this ward.

No comments: