Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One year mark

Today marks the one year anniversary of our arrival in Rexburg. At this exact time one year ago, I was making my way from Salt Lake to my new home of Rexburg, ID. Michael had left early that morning with the moving van and Annabelle and I followed several hours later. I can still remember some thoughts that I had when I was just a few miles away. The first thing I remember was seeing the Rexburg temple set up on the hill. It was visible several miles before you even came close to the Rexburg exit. I have seen seen it dozens of times since and it never ceases to amaze me how beautiful it is, especially at night when it's lit up. The second and probably most prominent thought was I couldn't believe how much snow was on the ground. It was March 10 and there was still several feet of snow everywhere.

The transition from moving to Denver, CO to Rexburg, ID was a little difficult at first. There was so much to do in Denver and so many places I could take Annabelle to to keep her occupied. In Rexburg, we had been pretty much everywhere there was to go in the first two weeks.

However, I feel like I belong here now. This is a great place to raise a family. We have moved so often in the past few years that I am excited for this last big move to our house, at least for a long, long time. A house really makes Rexburg feel like our permanent home. And who knows, I might even learn to love having winter 8-9 months of the year.

1 comment:

Cyppy said...

Loving 9 months of winter?? Uhmmmm, probably won't happen...but I bet you'll LOVE and EXULT in the summers! (That's been my experience....!)