Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Annabelle

This entry is going to be mostly pictures and videos if the fabulous day we had yesterday celebrating Annabelle's 2nd birthday. We spent the morning playing at an indoor playground and eating ice cream.

After we got home, we made her birthday cake, a homemade peanut butter cake with creamy coco frosting. I realized as I was getting ready to put the candles on later that evening that I actually didn't have any birthday candles other than the number 1 we used last year for her birthday. So even though she turned two, her birthday cake says 1. Annabelle made a mess of her herself, but was very excited when I let her lick the bowl of frosting.

Once Michael got home, we opened presents. She got some wonderful things. One of the gifts was a basketball hoop, which I think Michael will enjoy as much as, if not more than, Annabelle.



And she looks absolutely stunning in her new sunglasses, don't you think?

And then we got to sing happy birthday (I didn't think our singing was that bad, but I guess Annabelle thought differently and covered her ears), help her blow out the candle, and enjoy the rich goodness of our cake.


We had a great day!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday Annabelle! Be sure to give her an extra hug and kiss from her Aunt Lauren.... She is looking so grown up :) Lindley's hair matches Annabelle's! Can't wait for them to meet- Hopefully when we are out west in April/May.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!! She is too cute, and I love seeing what you guys are up to by looking at your blog! Miss ya:)

Drew said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Annabelle is only 2 and yet, she is making shots left and right, even WITH the backboard!! Haha, these pictures are too cute. Love you!

Melissa said...

haha i would probably cover my ears too if you sang me happy birthday! it looked like she had fun tho. and i love her sunglasses! hope everything is good with you guys.