Friday, February 6, 2009

Special kisses for daddy

Last night, Annabelle did several funny and cool things. First, after dinner I gave her a bath. When it was time to clean up her bath toys, I held open the plastic bag we keep them in and without any prompting from me, Annabelle counted each piece she put in the bag. It was amazing. She did it two times in a row. She got every number up to 10 right and in order, expect the number 7. She forgot this one both times. But other than that, she was able to count to 10 completely on her own. I only wish I had the camera with me. I've been working with her, trying to teach her numbers and things, but it usually seems like she's ignoring me. I guess maybe it's worth repeating things over and over again even if I think she's not listening.

The second cute thing happened after we had family prayer and I was about to take Annabelle up to her room for bed. She always gives Michael a kiss before she goes up, but last night she did it a little bit differently. She grabbed Michael's face in her hands and pulled his face to hers and kissed him, Then, she continued to do this about 5 times, each time grabbing his face and pulling it to hers. By the time I got the camera out, she was finished. I did get her to do one more time for the camera. Please note at the end of the clip, Annabelle says, "cheese". She's been exposed to a camera that she knows exactly what to do.


1 comment:

Masha said...

That's funny - when Andre started counting he would also skip 7 at first. He doesn't anymore - not in English - but he does skip it in Russian ever now and then. LOL