Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jumping and playing in mud

I live in on a street full of townhomes called "The Meadows". There are about 116 occupied townhomes, with numerous more being built. Tonight, we had a Meadows Block Party to try and help people meet each other. It was funded by the HOA (Home Owners Association) and, although I am not obviously not a member of the HOA since we didn't buy our home, I was asked by a member of the board to help plan everything.

So yesterday, I went around to every occupied home and placed a flier on the the door informing the tenants of the party. But when today came, it was pouring rain and I wasn't sure it would clear up in time for our gathering. Thankfully, it did and we had a fair number of people turn out.

The most notable event of the party was the inflatable bounce house. Annabelle went crazy when she was inside. She wouldn't stop screaming and loved being chased by all the big kids.







Make sure you check back with my blog this evening. I have a great video. Annabelle is absolutely adorable and having the time of her life, but Michael has the laptop with the video on it so I have to wait until he gets home from work before I can upload it.

Another thing she really enjoyed was playing in the mud. Due to the amount of rain we received today, some spots of the lawn, particularly the part located by the playground, were really muddy. Annabelle tried to get on a swing, but slipped and fell in a pile of mud. Once she found out how fun this was, she couldn't resist rolling all over in it. Here's a picture.





Overall, it was nice evening that followed a glorious BYU victory over Wyoming 44-0. Days just don't get much better than this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I just wish I was there. Annabelle looks absolutley so positively adorable and cute in these picutres. I miss you guys so much. :]

rachel said...

Annabelle is the most adorable. She is seriously so cute and I love seeing pictures of her!

Cyppy said...

Wow! Did I ever have some catching up to do! The pictures and video of The Little Princess are wonderful! Is her hair getting lighter? It looked like it in the pics. I can't wait to see you guys again. Thanks for letting us watch AnnaB grow up with you!