Thursday, September 4, 2008

Biker girls

So, today was just another ho-hum day for Annabelle and me, that is until the late afternoon. I took Annabelle to the swing set just outside our place and happened to see one of our neighbors come riding up on her bike with her 1 year-old son sitting in back of her on a baby seat. We did the obligatory small talk and eventually got around to talking about her bike. She offered to let Annabelle and me use it and I took her up on it right then and there.

So, we strapped on the helmets we also borrowed from them and took off. I have been wishing that I had something like this because it seemed like it would be something that Annabelle would love. I thought that maybe the helmet would be a problem and she wouldn't want to keep it on, but surprisingly, it didn't seem to bother her.






As we were getting ready to depart for our first bike riding adventure, I noticed that the our neighbor's horse was right next the fence, so I rode up along side it and got a picture of Annabelle and the horse (which by the way, she now knows what sound a horse makes. Isn't she so smart?).



Once we got back and got off the bike, Annabelle wouldn't let go of the helmets. She had to carry both of them by herself back to our house. And ever since we've been in the house, she has been constantly putting them on and carrying them around everywhere.



We had a great ride and I plan on going on many more rides. Here is a short video I had my neighbor take of us cute biker girls.

3 comments:

The Critchlow Family said...

Hey!! Looks like fun...I've been wanting to get bikes for our family but here in Ohio we are in an apartment so we would have no place to put them so I guess I will just have to wait a few more years! Anyways...I remember one time when we were talking that you had mentioned wanting to move into a bigger place. Our renters fell through and so our townhome is available and we would negotiate a little on the price if you guys wanted to rent it...give me a call if you still were considering moving into a bigger place. We would love to have you as renters!! In case you don't have my number anymore its 208-227-4692. It sounds like you guys are having a fun little summer!! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

I think you two need to enter in the Mom'n daughter Tour de France!
We Love Annabelle's faces and her spirit of adventure and then the way she 'holds onto' the memory...priceless. Yes, you two are truly an amazing duo and one that will go far...on two wheels and four and however many you decide to go on. We love you and thank you for your fun site here. Mom

rachel said...

what a fun afternoon! It is always great to have something new and exciting to do. I love the cute pictures of you two.