Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A first time for everyting

Everyone experiences something for the first time. Annabelle had a few "firsts" in the past few days. I've been trying to teach her some colors, but didn't want to use the same one toy we've been using. I thought I could mix up our color learning with something new. After some deep thinking, I remembered we had the game Candy Land that we had yet to open. So, Annabelle and I played our first game of Candy Land. Annabelle would pick a card and then I would move our pieces to the right spots. It was unbelievable how the game turned out. My first or second card put me way up at the top of the board, almost near the finish. I thought that it wouldn't be a very long game and that I would win easily. Well, that's not what happened. Each card kept working out really well for Annabelle and not good for me. Within another few tuns, I had to go back to near the starting place and Annabelle jumped ahead. She ended up winning pretty handily after all.

(I'm the yellow piece and Annabelle is the blue piece. Look at how badly she beat me.)








Another first Annabelle had was driving. Well, kind of. When we were at Michael's grandparents' house this weekend, Annabelle had the opportunity to sit in the driver's seat of Grandpa's car. We were getting ready to go somewhere with Michael's grandpa standing by the open driver's seat, when Annabelle pushed, I mean literally shoved, him out of the way. She then proceeded to climb in the car and was pushing the buttons on the door and turning the steering wheel like she was driving. She looked so happy to be up there. Too bad she won't be doing anymore than that for 15 more years.


No comments: