Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer recipes

Okay, so I think the weird Idaho weather is finally catching up to the season. We're supposed to have warmer weather this week and hopefully from now on. Our house does not have air conditioning (which is not uncommon for the area, most houses here don't; however, we got lucky and our house came equipped to have it installed very easily). The last two summers we've been here, we've gotten through the summer by opening the windows at night. It still gets cold enough at night that it keeps the temperature down during the day so it's at least somewhat bearable (most of the time) in the house. But, anytime I cook something for dinner, that cold air gets eliminated by the heat of the oven or stove. I am in desperate need of summer meals that won't warm up my house. We don't have an outdoor grill, but we do have something almost as good- a George Foreman grill. =) If anyone has any recipes to share, please post them! I will be eternally grateful.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Here is what I like to do (will Michael eat a salad?)

I bake some chicken strips (but you could use the George Foreman grill and then cut them up into strips)- seasoned with lemon pepper- Then I put them in a tossed salad (add whatever veggies you want) put some grated Cheddar cheese in it, serve with some Lime tortilla strips and put a little ranch dressing on it. Dallas likes to make his into a wrap- I like mine just plain- For someone who isn't a salad lover- this is really yummy and light