Saturday, June 12, 2010

The new, "sexy" diapers

So, last night I was watching tv and I saw a commercial for something outrageous. I'm not sure if this idea has been around for a long time or not, but it's the first time I've ever seen anything like it advertised. A Huggies commercial came on introducing the new jean diaper. I couldn't believe it. If you haven't seen the commercial, click here. It's actually pretty funny; however, why anyone would buy the product is beyond me. So is Huggles telling me that if I buy these new jean diapers, my kid is going to be more popular? Will he/she have more baby friends? Will their confidence level shoot up? I mean, come on people. It's a funny idea, but let's get serious. Why would you want to have your baby parading around in these, making a spectacle of him/her self? When your out in public, babies should wear clothes. Clothes cover the diaper. So, there's no point in buying them because no one will see them. If you do decide to show them off in public, aren't you teaching your kid that walking around in your underwear is the accepted social behavior? People are already weird enough as it is. Let's not add anymore to the world.

No comments: