Friday, March 5, 2010

A major cut

After I wrote the last entry, I was looking at the pictures of Annabelle and thought that her hair might be looking a little bit unkempt. I decided it was time to cut her beloved hair. I have really enjoyed coming up with new, cool do's that can only be done on long hair and also think her hair color is so gorgeous. For those very reasons, I have put off giving her a hair cut. Since her birth, I have only given Annabelle two very minor hair cuts. One was to trim her bangs before they grew out and the other was to make the back of her hair even. On both of those occasions, I cut off no more than 1/2 inch total. So this was to be her first real haircut.
Now I'm no hair stylist and Annabelle's hair is definitely not perfect. But overall I'm satisfied with the outcome. I probably cut off about 4 inches. Her hair already looks fuller and she even looks a little older to me now that I've gotten rid of a lot of her baby hair. I'm going to have to start talking to my mom (who cut all 6 of her kids hair as we grew up) to get tips for next time.

Before: After: Annabelle didn't seem to mind seeing tons of her hair all over the floor.

No comments: