Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"I can't find my hair!"

Today, I was at the store with the girls, and as I was putting the groceries in the trunk of the car, I noticed that a piece of Annabelle's hair had come out of her french braid. I said to her, "Uh oh. Some of your hair came out." She looked at me, then put her hand up to head as if to try and find where on her head it had fallen out, then looked at the ground and started bawling. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "My hair fell out and I can't find it". I started laughing and explained to her that all of her hair was still on her head and that only a little piece had come out of the braid. Sometimes I forget that she's only three and doesn't think quite like an adult yet. Plus, I had no idea that she would get so upset about losing a little hair.

No comments: