Sunday, May 13, 2012

RUNNING

When Sarah was about 4 weeks old, I started running again. It's felt great to get out and start exercising. My body has quickly responded to the physical activity and I feel really good. I still have a ways to go before I get rid of all the baby fat, but it's slowly coming off. I've never been much of a runner. The only time I would ever do any serious running up until about 7 years ago was when I would play frisbee. In the first 5 years of marriage, I would kind of get into running, but it would only last a short time. After Jillian was born, I spent that next 8 months running quite seriously and grew to love it. Then it became too cold to run and right as it was turning nice again the next spring, I got pregnant with Sarah. So it's now been about 2 years since I was in running shape, but I've noticed that it's only taken a couple of weeks for me to feel like I'm back to where I was 2 years ago.

What I'm most excited about is the last 2 Saturdays, I've run up to the temple. That's almost a mile of straight uphill running. This past Saturday, I left my house to run while almost everyone else was outside. 4 miles and 45 minutes later, I return home ready to share my triumph of running up to the temple and this is what everyone else was doing.
This was fine with me, though. I got to have some quiet time with Sarah as I cooled down. I look forward to another summer of running (wait, did I really say that?) as well as my first ever 5K in July.

1 comment:

Aubrey Jane said...

Way to go Lindsey, I am super impressed! I used to run up that hill when I lived in Rexburg (it was just the water tower hill then, no temple yet:) and it is a killer run. I love those sleeping pictures, so sweet!