Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another year older

Yesterday was my birthday and I had a great day. I’m really excited for Michael’s gift. I haven’t gotten it yet (I still have some research to do to figure out which one I want), but he’s letting me get myself a double jogging stroller/bike trailer. Along with that, all week long, I had been getting cards in the mail, ecards or telephone calls from family and friends (my grandma even mailed me a big can of Ovaltine, my favorite type of chocolate milk that I only get when I visit her). Even my wonderful piano students remembered my birthday. They brought things like flowers, chocolates, cookies, cinnamon rolls, a birthday cake, and wonderful cards. My good friend also surprised me and took me out to lunch without my kids. It was wonderful (and thanks to Michael for letting me go alone). I am grateful for the wonderful people around me. Thank you for making me feel so special.


2 comments:

Lauren said...

I feel bad- I didn't wish you a Happy Birthday on your actual birthday..... hope you had a fun day- Birthdays just aren't quite as fun they used to be are they?!

Jana said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Love you!