Friday, May 4, 2012

Recital

 The day after Sarah was blessed, I held a recital for my piano students. Thankfully, my brother and his family and my sister-in-law were able to stay for a couple extra of days and help out with things. Since I was starting to potty train Jillian that day (I was planning on waiting until Tuesday when the recital was over, but I ran out of diapers), nursing Sarah still fairly often, had three piano lessons that day, and needed to make treats and prepare and set up for the recital, they were a huge help and I appreciate their assistance.

Both Annabelle and I were performing in the recital. Annabelle was so excited and has been working hard on her songs for weeks. I forgot to tape the beginning of her first song, so I only caught the end. I was going to continue recording her second song, but when she opened her other book for her song, the paper clip we put on the page that the song was on came off and she had to take a few minutes to find the right page. So I stopped recording and stared again when she was ready. She did fabulessly! I am so proud of her. She had a blast and can't wait for the next recital in December.



 My brother's daughter is 7 months old and the cutest thing. She smiles all the time and is such a happy girl. My kids loved having a baby around that was old enough to interact with them, unlike Sarah who just kind of lays there.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Great job Annabelle! And Lindsey!