Friday, April 27, 2012

Hair cuts (a first for Jillian)

 
Since we are blessing Sarah this Sunday and will take lots of pictures, I decided it was time to give the girls a haircut and get one myself. Jillian had never had a hair cut before and I didn't really want to cut it because it was so long and I was able to do so much with it, but it was not the same length in all places and it was still very fine baby hair. I hoped that if I cut it shorter that it would grow back in thicker and be the same length.

I turned on a movie and started on Annabelle. She's had several trims before so she's a pro a this. I forgot to take a picture of her before and after so I tried to get a picture in the middle of the cut to show how much I cut off. It's hard to tell in the picture, but I cut off almost 4 inches.

Jillian was a little harder. She didn't hold her head still as well as Annabelle did and her hair has a natural wave (I don't know where she gets it from- my hair is as straight as a board) and it would dry quickly and create a wave, causing me to be unable to get a straight cut across. I had to keep spraying her hair with water to keep it wet. Overall, I think I almost cut off 5 inches. I ended up cutting it even shorter than this picture shows. I was a little frustrated when I was done though because only some places of her hair are wavy and the rest is straight. So when it dried, it looked like I had not cut evenly because it was wavy and shorter in some areas and longer and straight in others. Oh well. I'm a little sad though because now it's so short that it won't all fit in a ponytail or even pigtails and I can't french braid it anymore. But I'm sure it will be long enough soon.


I also got my hair cut, but I did not cut my own hair. I had someone else do it. I got 4 1/2 inches off. It's now to my shoulders. Because my hair is so thick, I think it looks better longer and the person cutting my hair cut more off than I wanted, but there's nothing I can do about it.

1 comment:

Michael W. Brown said...

Who is the hot chick in the purple shirt?