Friday, April 20, 2012

Annabelle's milestone


I had quite the shock when I came home from a meeting Sunday night and found that Annabelle had lost her first tooth. I didn't even know that she had a loose tooth. That morning, she had some toast and complained that the bottom of her mouth hurt when she bit into it. I just thought she was being silly. She never mentioned anything about a loose tooth. Anyway, so I get home around bedtime just as she's writing a letter to the tooth fairy. Apparently, while Michael was downstairs, Annabelle and Jillian were playing upstairs and all of the sudden, Annabelle noticed her tooth was gone. She and Michael searched everywhere for it, but we never found the tooth. Annabelle was very worried that the tooth fairy wouldn't come if we couldn't find the tooth. After much reassurance, she went to bed and fortunately, the tooth fairy came that night and left her a nice dollar bill.

I was completely shocked. For whatever reason, the thought that my 5 year old was old enough to lose a tooth never occurred to me. Less than 12 hours after Annabelle lost her tooth, I registered her for kindergarten. Talk about a lot for a mom to handle. But she's so excited about both losing her tooth and going to school. Even though summer is her favorite season, she can't wait for summer to be over so she can go to school.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Congratulations Annabelle! (Hopefully she didn't swallow it!)