Thursday, July 23, 2009

Swimming

Today, a friend and I took our kids to the swimming pool in a neighboring town about 30 miles up the road. The town is very small, but that made it all the better. The pool was not crowded at all and there was a little kiddie section roped off. Annabelle, who absolutely loves playing in water, went crazy. We were in the pool for almost 2 hours straight and she still wanted more. But by that time, I knew she was very tired and had been out in the hot sun long enough. And I was right. Before we had even pulled out of the parking lot, both kids had their eyes closed and were asleep within seconds. But we sure had a blast.

Annabelle is not afraid of anything (which sometimes really makes me nervous). She has no fear of the water and went under several times. She was wearing some arm floaties (which really didn't do too much to keep her buoyant) and she loved to have me let go of her and let her try and float for a few seconds before going under. What a crazy kid. Here's a video of her jumping in and going under.

3 comments:

Cyppy said...

What a spunky lass! Can't wait to see you guys!

Christy said...

Pretty awesome video! My favorite part was the background noise of a mischievous little baby boy!

Anonymous said...

Whoa, she is a crazy kid! :D And I see your braid!!! Okay, here are my tips: It's a good size (meaning thickness), but I would say maybe start a litttle teensy weensy bit close to your other ear so there's more braid. :D Love you. Cute picture and video!