Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family Pictures

This weekend, we had Michael's parents come and visit us and they were kind enough to take some family pictures. Currently, we have a family photo hanging in our wall that was taken Dec. 2007 when Annabelle wasn't even a year old. So you can see we were in serious need of updated pictures. Here are a few of my favorites. (And yes, I did get a drastic hair cut the day before these were taken.)After pictures, we traveled to historic Mesa Falls and saw some awesome waterfalls and then Michael and Annabelle spent some time swimming in the nearby river. As you can imagine, it was pretty cold, but although Annabelle was shivering, through chattering teeth, she said she wasn't ready to get out. Finally, we forced her out for hear of her contracting hypothermia. We had to do some quick thinking when we got to the river. Annabelle's swim bottoms are too big for her and I have to put a rubber band around them to keep them from falling off. Well, I messed up and forgot the rubber band and there was nothing in the car we could use as a substitute. So, after a moment, a light bulb went off in my head and I grabbed a long weed growing along the bank of the river and asked Michael's dad if he could use some of his amazing boy scout skills and tie it around her swim bottoms. I didn't think the weed would actually hold, but it stayed knotted around the fabric the entire time. Here's a picture.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Lindsey, are you my sister?? You're gorgeous! And the rest of the fam isn't too bad either. Great pictures.

Drew said...

I'm glad Robert found a Dragon-Dog statue to pose next to. I hear he doesn't really like taking family pictures without them.

Anonymous said...

Ow ow, hot hot mama! Your haircut looks great! YOU look great. So do Michael and Annabelle. Looks like you had a great time with Michael's parents. Have you been sleeping any better?

Jana said...

Oh, and love the pen in Michael's shirt.