Friday, July 10, 2009

Wonderful people

We are in the process of putting grass in our yard, and over the last week and a half, have had people out working on getting a sprinkler system in. With it ready for grass, Michael and I decided to sod our front yard and seed the back on our own. Today, we had the sod and the seed delivered to our home, and Michael was planning on getting started on the front yard after dinner, knowing full well that it would not get finished until tomorrow.

As he began the process of laying sod, he was approached by a neighbor who offered to help. I was inside with Annabelle keeping her busy so she wouldn't get in the way of the workers outside. After about 10 minutes, I decided to look out the window and see what progress had been made. Imagine my surprise when instead of just Michael and our neighbor working, I see about 12 men and boys out putting our grass in. I was amazed that in such a short amount of time, people from around the neighborhood had seen Michael working and come to help. In less than 2 hours, every piece of sod had been laid.


It made me feel so grateful that we live in such a wonderful neighborhood. As a new home-owner, I was initially a little unsure of how easy it would be to get settled in and meet new people. However, that uneasiness has been totally unnecessary, especially after today. I am so grateful that we are blessed to be where we are, surrounded by kind and gracious neighbors.

And here's a picture of one of the sprinklers that Michael and his brother put in over the weekend. (Thanks for your help, Drew.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh, Lindsey this is just great! I am so happy to see how wonderful your whole house looks. And that's so cool that you had people come to help you. Yay. Very nice! Love you.

(Ps. Do you have his name and number yet? Lol.) ;)

Drew said...

Oh, you are welcome!

Mark & Rachel said...

Are you guys in Rigby?