Friday, July 17, 2009

A new-found weakness

I am a list-maker. I make lists for everything- things to pack for vacation, daily chores, places to see when visitors are coming, and of course, grocery shopping. Not only does making a list before going to the store help me not forget anything, it keeps me from doing any impulsive shopping, which I don't really do anyway. I also usually only order water at restaurants on the few occasions that Michael and I decide to go out. Only on very special occasions or when we have a gift card do I splurge and order something other than water. And when this is the case, I always get a strawberry or raspberry lemonade.

Why am telling you these two weird and not-important things about myself? Well, yesterday, even with a list, I broke my rule about not giving in to impulsive shopping and got myself something that as far as I knew was only available in frozen concentrate (which was not tempting to me at all for some reason)- Raspberry Lemonade. Perhaps I shouldn't have, but I couldn't help myself. I know from drinking Simply Lemonade in the past, that it's pretty good stuff and I just had to try it with raspberries. Let me tell you, it is as good as I hoped. You can see from the bottle how much I've had in just 24 hours and that's only allowing myself to have a cup of it every couple to 3 hours. I can tell I'm really going to have to put forth a lot of self-control and refrain from getting 2 or 3 bottles every time I go to the store.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Crazy- but I just bought that for the first time this past week at the grocery store too! Pretty yummy stuff!

Jana said...

I love raspberry lemonade as well! In fact, we went out for Kevin's birthday, and I indulged in some "fresh" raspberry lemonade. I was sorely disappointed to taste the carbonation in the lemonade, although the raspberry part did seem fresh (Ruby Tuesdays). I think I might have to try that stuff someday. I've had the plain old lemon- and lime-ade (courtesy of Mom), but haven't tried the flavored. Looks delish!