Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy Mother's Day to all you women. I hope you had a very special day. It's nice that there's a day to celebrate our moms and remember all they have done for us. At the same time, it's almost daunting to know that there is a day once every year dedicated to our success of being a mom. I know that there are a lot of things that I could do differently to be a better mom and for whatever reason, this Mother's Day, I am particularly aware of how much of a better mom I want to be to my daughter. Parenting is hard and I would like to thank my own mom for being a wonderful example to me, as well as my mother-in-law who I know was a great mother to her children.

This weekend, Michael and I were able to attend the temple together, which we haven't gotten to do in about a year. We almost didn't get to go because of a hand injury that Michael sustained earlier that day from practicing for the upcoming softball league. Michael was pitching to his coworker, who hit a laser shot right at Michael's body, and to protect himself, Michael stuck his hand out and the ball hit him smack in the palm. (John, don't feel bad. I hear you were hitting really well that day- 3 home runs. We're just glad you're playing for our team and not the competition.) No serious damage was done, but his hand was swollen and he couldn't grasp anything with his hand. We weren't sure he'd be able to put a tie on for the temple. Thankfully, after some ibuprofen and a good nap, he felt a little bit better and we had a nice time together. (Thanks for babysitting, Christy.)

Soon after we moved into our house, we bought a stud finder to put pictures up on the wall. Michael would walk around the house, putting the stud finder up to the wall to see where we could put nails. Annabelle was fascinated with it and first chance she got, she imitated what she had seen her dad do. She even looked for 2x4's in the piano and in different parts of her body. She still loves to carry it around and listen to the sound it makes.

No comments: