Monday, May 25, 2009

God bless the USA

This morning, I opened the blinds in the living room to reveal an American flag waving in the cool Rexburg wind in my front yard. Michael and I did not purchase a flag nor did either one of us put one up. Apparently, the young men in our ward met at 6:30 am this morning to put flags up in everyone's yard and it's been wonderful to have that reminder of how great our nation is.

Every time I returned home from several different trips throughout the day and saw our nation's flag waving in front of my house, I was struck by the importance of that flag and a wave of gratitude and pride flowed through me. Many soldiers of the past and present have shown enormous courage and dedication to their country and it is through their heroic acts that we are able to enjoy freedom today. I am so proud to be an American and want to thank those soldiers who are currently serving or have served in the past for all that they do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, your house! :D