Thursday, July 10, 2008

My thoughts

Michael and I have been married for three years now, and when I look back at the very beginning, I realize that we didn't have very much to our name, well, other than our deep and abiding love for each other...=). Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm just stating how it was. We owned our bed, the tv, an old couch from Deseret Industries, an electric piano, a twin bed, a lamp, and a $5 dinky tv stand, also from D.I. We borrowed several pieces of furniture from my aunt and uncle, like a card table, metal fold-up chairs, lamps, a couple of nightstands, and a coffee table.

Now, we boast of many items that belong to us: not 1, but 2 couches, one of which is a hide-a-bed, an antique bookcase, dresser, a nice tv stand, a card table with 4 chairs, and thanks to my wonderful grandmother, we also have recently acquired a piano. Michael has even mentioned purchasing an actual dining table and matching chairs.

You may be wondering why I'm writing all this in an entry. I guess I've just had one of those days where I look back and see how far I've come in life. And not only in material possessions. I have a wonderful husband and an intelligent daughter. I have learned so much and I continue to be healthy. I have really come to appreciate the little things in life and look forward to many more years of prosperity and happiness.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lindsey. Let me tell you. That is a FANTASTIC picture of Annabelle. Mom and I enjoyed laughing together at her cute smile. We just barely noticed the piano in the background when we were done laughing at her expression. It looks so good. Well Linz, I'm glad that you have been able to look back. And I love you.