Friday, December 9, 2011

Santa

Last night, we attended a Christmas dinner party. I'll admit that my reason for being so excited about going was I didn't have to cook the food. Lately (I'll blame it on the pregnancy), I haven't been motivated at all to make dinner every night, even though the kids and I are starving. So, I was really looking forward to it, and I was not disappointed. The food was excellent (pulled pork), the kids were relatively well behaved, and Santa came to visit.

In the past, Annabelle has been too scared to sit on Santa's lap. This year, she's been really anxious to meet him and tell him what she wants for Christmas. Jillian, on the other hand, is so attached and clingy to me, I knew there was no way I could get a picture of her sitting on Santa's lap. To my astonishment, Jillian walked right up to him and sat in his lap and was happy to do so. The fact that Santa was holding a present for Jillian may have had something to do with that. But I was able to get a really cute picture of each of the girls on Santa's lap. Some of the other kids opened their presents right away and of course, Annabelle and Jillian couldn't be left out. Jillian got a little phone and Annabelle got a drawing kit. We didn't take the gifts out of their package, just unwrapped the wrapping paper. When we got home, Annabelle asked if we could rewrap the presents and put them under the tree so there would be more presents to open on Christmas. So, we did.

No comments: