Sunday, December 18, 2011

2011 Christmas Piano Recital

There is almost nothing better than seeing people you care about succeed. Last week, I had a piano recital for my students and I was so proud of all that they've accomplished. It is so rewarding and fulfilling for me to see them progress and become more confident with their growing talent. I love getting to know their different personalities. They are each so special and unique and I feel so privileged to be apart of their lives. Though three of my students were unable to attend the recital, it was an exceptional evening and everyone did awesome. I couldn't have been happier with the performances. Good job, kids!Thus far, every recital I've had has been at a different location. It's been difficult to find a place to have a recital that will accommodate the number of students I have and their families. Thankfully, the public library recently expanded and built a large community room that includes a brand new baby grand piano. I was so excited when I learned about it. It is large enough for my recitals, has an awesome piano, kitchen, chairs, etc. It was perfect. Here are my lovely helpers.Here was my contribution to the recital. Merry Christmas!


This is the dessert table (before most families showed up with their treats) and table of gifts from me to my students.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linz, you look so great! Congrats on a fabulous recital, I am sure. I'm so proud! Love you!

Jana said...

Hey Lindsey...Mom here wanting to say 'hey' and how much I loved reading about you and Michael, Annabelle and Jillian. So so so wonderful! Thank you for your example of 'mommyhood' :)
May Heavenly Father's tender mercies be with you and 'yours'. Much love to you all this Christmas. We miss the Brown's....We love the Browns....xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxTell Annabelle sometime I'll video my BYU song for her! :)