Saturday, October 3, 2009

Playing with our food

Last night, we had leftover chicken alfredo and breadsticks. I put some noodles and 2 breadsticks on Anabelle's plate, said a blessing, and we began eating. She went immediately for the breadsticks, holding one in each hand. As I was bending over my plate to take a bite of my food, I hear Annabelle say, "Hello. How are you? I'm fine. I'm eating noodles". I look up to see Annabelle holding one breadstick up to each ear. As she sees me looking at her, she said, "I have two phones". I starting giggling so hard, I almost spit out my food. But I had to quickly regain my composure and tell Annabelle that we don't put food up to our ear. It's not polite to play with our food. I was trying to tell her these things with a straight face becase if she saw me laughing, she wouldn't have stopped and would continue to rub breadstick remnants all over her face and hair. Apparently, I did a good enough job of looking normal that Annabelle stopped and didn't do it again. But, holy cow, it was funny.

2 comments:

The Hartle's said...

Annabelle is so dang cute! I cant believe how grown up she is! Too bad we missed you guys while you were in the City.

rachel said...

Lindsey, what a great story. It's so funny to see their minds work and the things they come up with. We sure love you guys and are so excited for Simon to have another cousin!