Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Farewell nursery

So, let me give you an update of what has been going on in our ward. I think I've mentioned before that the ward we attended when we first moved to Rexburg was enormous. People filled up the chapel, the overflow, the entire cultural hall, and even the stage for Sacrament meeting. There were two Elder's Quorums, two Sunday schools, and five nurseries. The ward was probably half long-time residents of the community and half BYU-I students. That being the case, there were lots of baby blessings going on each week.

Starting in about May, there began to be a rumor that the ward was going to be split. As time went on, it became more than just a rumor. Three Sundays ago, we had our last meeting in the Rexburg 13th ward, which also meant our last Sunday as nursery leaders. In all honesty, it really wasn't that bad, but that might be due the total of six weeks that we were not in town and had to find subs for our class.

Two Sundays ago, we had our first meeting as the newly formed Willow Brook ward. Since it was a completely new ward with only the bishopric called, we only had Sacrament meeting. In the middle of the week last week, Michael got a call from the woman that had been called as the nursery leader telling us that the following Sunday, there would be two hours of church and wondered if we would be willing to be substitute leaders of a nursery class during that second hour until the real leaders could be called. I must tell you that this woman was the nursery leader in the old ward and already knew us. Michael and I both had the feeling that we would just get the same calling we had in the old ward... nursery leaders. We of course agreed and said we'd love to help out. I can't tell you how much faster time goes by when you only have 45 minutes with the kids.

Minutes after we returned home from church, I received a phone call from a member of the bishopric asking if he could meet with me Wednesday evening. That got me thinking. The fact that only I had been asked to meet with the bishop meant that perhaps Michael and I were not getting called into the nursery. I am happy to announce that I have been called as ..................

To find out, please tune back in Sunday evening after I have been sustained and set apart.

2 comments:

John Avondet said...

3 to 1 odds on Primary Chorister.

Let's just hope people don't raise their hands in opposition.

Drew said...

Boooo... Why raise the suspense if you're not going to tell?

John, I'll take those odds.

My money's on YW. Mia Maids.