Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The in-laws...


For two summers in a row, my parents have been kind enough to let Annabelle and me come visit for several weeks while Michael studied for the bar exams. That should not be a surprise to hear that a person's parents let them crash at home for 3 weeks. But, it might be uncommon to hear that I've also stayed with my in-laws this summer and last while Michael studied. Many people would not even dream of spending time with their in-laws, especially if your spouse wasn't even going to be there with you. Such is definitely not the case in my life.

After spending a week and a half with my in-laws, I feel it would be an injustice to them if I were to not write about what great people they are. I got pretty fortunate when I married Michael. Not only did I get a great husband, I also got a good set of in-laws. Robert and Cynthia are very supportive of me and have made me feel a part of their family.

Having good in-laws is not something you can expect to get when you get married. It's not everyday that you find a couple who like each other's parents. I think my parents are pretty cool and I am glad that they have a good relationship with Michael. I also enjoy spending time with Michael's parents and am glad that we get along well.

2 comments:

Robert said...

Lindsey, we really do love having you and Annabelle for visits, and I'm not just saying that. We are very fortunate to have such a smart, interesting and nice daughter in law. You can come back anytime. I just don't know about playing Settlers every time with you. It's hard to take being defeated so soundly for five or six times in a row!
Love, Robert

Cyppy said...

Ditto that. We enjoy spending time with you and M and The Little Princess! We are so glad that you feel welcome in our home and in our family. We love you!