Monday, October 1, 2012

Wrestle or read a book?

The other night as I was getting the girls ready for bed, we saw that Michael was lying a little too comfortably on our bed and felt like he might need some intervention. The next 15 minutes consisted of Annabelle and Jillian climbing all over Michael and his throwing them off. When I decided it was time to calm down a read their bedtime story, they didn't want to stop wrestling. So, I told them they needed to choose: they could either keep wrestling with Michael for a few minutes or have me read them a book. They chose wrestling (who's surprised here).


Of course, as expected, when the timer went off signaling the end of wrestling, both girls got quite upset when they asked for a book and I said no. I thoroughly explained to them that they would not get a book if they kept wrestling, knowing full well that they would still expect a bedtime story. It's okay though. I made it up to them by reading them each two stories the following night.

No comments: