Sunday, October 28, 2012

Costume no. 1


This year, I am hand making each of the girls their own Halloween costume. Annabelle is going to be a mermaid, Jillian a peacock, and Sarah an octopus. Since I do not have a sewing machine and I'm making up my own patterns for each as I go along, it has been quite an undertaking. I'm still not finished with the mermaid costume, but should be by the 31st.

There was a local Halloween "party" that we decided to go to yesterday. Since Annabelle's costume isn't finished yet and I didn't want Jillian to wear hers in case it got ripped, they each picked out an outfit from the many dress ups they have to serve as their temporary Halloween costume.



I didn't get Sarah dressed up since the party was outside and she would just be all bundled up in the stroller, but here's a sneak peak at her octopus costume. 

We got there a little later than planned and because of this missed out on the face painting and gator walk (I'm not sure what that even is). But we did get to go for a hay ride and have apple cider and donuts.


No comments: