Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Celebrate Youth

Every year, there is a back to school celebration called 'Celebrate Youth'. I've never gone before, but this year I decided to take the kids. We met up with some friends which made the day go much smoother. I wouldn't have lasted the entire 5 hours alone. We enjoyed a train ride, a carousel ride, ice cream, popcorn, cotton candy, games, dinner and much more. It was a blast and the kids had so much fun. Sarah was getting over a cold and I was a little concerned that she would have a rough time, but she did great.







 The best and most surprising part came at the end. There was a raffle drawing. I didn't expect my kids to win anything. And in the beginning, I as right. There were 3 age categories and my three kids were in the first category. When their names weren't called, my friend and I almost left instead of sticking around for the grand prize winner in each category. But, I'm so glad we did stay. In order to win, the kid had to physically be there to collect the prize. They picked the first name and called it out, but the kid wasn't there. They picked a second name, but that kids wasn't there either. Then they called out a third name, "Sarah Brown"! I couldn't believe it. Sarah was so tired and had almost fallen asleep in the stroller, but as soon as I heard her name, I rushed to unstrap her and held her up high so they knew she was there. She won $150 Walmart gift card. Go Sarah!

No comments: